We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday Afternoon Drive Time From Naples

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Friday Afternoon Drive Time From Naples

I'm attending a wedding on Sanibel Island next Friday afternoon(4/20). We're staying in Naples. I've heard that traffic can be pretty rediculous during high season. How long should I set aside for the trip up?

Also, could you please recommend the best route there during that day and any alternative routes?

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday Afternoon Drive Time From Naples

Not sure about the drive time but do not take the coastal route through Fort Myers Beach. I would stay on Rte. 41 all the way to Summerlin.

I would imagine you should give it two hours to be safe.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday Afternoon Drive Time From Naples

The 'best' route is the least direct - straight up I-75 to Daniel's Parkway and then just follow the signs.

Two alternate routes - use 41 straight up and be prepared to stop at a zillion traffic lights or run down Vanderbuilt to over to the barrier islands - very scenic until you hit Ft Myers Beach where you'll sit dreadful traffic. I love the island route but would NEVER drive it Friday afternoon or in season - or just barely out of season.

3. Re: Friday Afternoon Drive Time From Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:27
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now