We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tween Waters vs. Sanibel Inn?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pasadena, ca
2 posts
Save Topic
Tween Waters vs. Sanibel Inn?

Hi, all! I can't decide between Sanibel Inn and Tween Waters for first week of May. Also considering Seaside Inn on Sanibel... Anyone ever stayed in all three? Recently?

Which beach has better/cleaner sand? better/bluest water? better beds? better breakfast? better deal? other thoughts? which is most romantic? most accessible to canoeing and wildlife?

Going with my husband, who's had a tough couple of months at work and he just wants to relax, but I know he'll get bored with that and want to rent a canoe and see some wildlife in the backwater.

Thank you!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tween Waters vs. Sanibel Inn?

Haven't stayed at all three (only Sanibel Inn). But from what I know:

In the past year there have been much less problems with seaweed on the beaches of Captiva (Tween Waters) than anywhere on Sanibel. But it is further from Ding Darling if that is where you want to canoe and the rest of the Sanibel options (restaurants, biking, etc).

For Sanibel Inn, I mostly like the condos and that might be too much for a couple. The restaurant on site seems to be well liked by most and has a jazz club if you're into a little night activity.

None are particularly romantic- when I hear that word I think of Song of the Sea. And Tourmaline suggests Jensons Cottages (sorry for speaking for you Tourm but you said you might be away for a few days and so I figured I'd add that).

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tween Waters vs. Sanibel Inn?

Jensen's maight be fine if you don't mind self-catering cottages - well maintained and family owned and very nicely decorated. No pool or anything. But your hubby can walk over to Jensen's Twin Palms and get afishing rod and fish off the dock, or you can rent a canoe or Kayak at Captiva Canoe & Kayak and kayak around Buck Key, a nature reserve that sits off the east side of Captiva. You can take Captiva Cruises up to Cabbage Key, or Cayo Costa [shelling] or Useppa or even Boca Grande. You're walking distance to restaurants in a really low key spot. Downside - no services. You can walk out onto the beach in seconds and just sit and relax and watch the spectacular sunsets. Go get a beer or a glass of wine at the Mucky Duck and watch the sunset and listen to the music. Captiva is all about down time - no frills. though the units at Jensen's are really nice.

Song of the Sea would be the most romantic choice on Sanibel I'd think, but the rooms are small, so get a 'suite'. You can bike and go over to Tarpon Bay for cruises for canoe and kayak rentals or take cruises. More wildlife in Ding Darling.

BUT - if near beach is good and you like birding - check out West End Paradise. It is THE birders favorite spot and just up a lane from the beach - a very quiet beach along Sanibel West End.

3. Re: Tween Waters vs. Sanibel Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:28