We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scoot coupes

Indiana
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
scoot coupes

The kidlet and his grandfather rented a scoot coupe from YoLo on Captiva Island and had a blast.

Forty dollars for a one hour rental/ fifty-two dollars to extend it to two hours. They did a one hour rental and it was enough time to nose all over Captiva and cross the bridge over to parts of Sanibel.

We phoned first, all the coupes were rented but YoLo called us back within a couple of hours to say they had one ready if we were still interested.

The kid's mom and I dined at the Bubble Room and nosed around Captiva village whilst our menfolk were out motoring. The Bubble Room was interesting, worth visiting once just for its iconic reputation as an island fixture. The food was ok, but I wouldn't take someone there if we were looking for a great meal.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scoot coupes

Saw those Scoot Coups all over. Looks like fun. And I agree completely on the Bubble Room, but I do like their Moons over Miami and coconut shrimp appetisers. After that I find it forgettable till desert.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scoot coupes

Yep on that Bubble Room comment.

Mermaid for lunch yields the true cakes that the original owner Katie first made, they are the real world famous recopies!! The desserts are totally worth it there, the Mermaid Kitchen and Cake Factory.

Bootlegger Rum Cake is the BEST!!! Macadamia nut pound cake, the fresh whip cream and strawberries, layers of light fudge and nut icing, and rum sauce. ACK!!! Oh and real Red Velvet not Betty Crocker.

The kid would like big fish tank and the mermaid decor. Adults do too.

3. Re: scoot coupes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 08:21