We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
clermont, fl
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Hello all.....

One week from today I will be in Captiva (SSR). Been going there most of my life but can't seem to remember where to get the following: Good lobster bisque or she crab soup and high quality ahi-tuna. If anyone has any restaurant's in mind on San or Cap please chime in.

I'll be on the road from Orlando in 6d and 14 hours!

Thanks!

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Hello,

You may want to try this website...

www.MenuVenueSWFL.com

I don't think they have a lot of Sanibel/Captiva Menus up yet it will give you a list of all the restaurants.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

MenuGuy

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

I honestly have never seen she crab soup at any restaurant on Sanibel or Captiva, but that doesn't mean it isn't available somewhere. I know Sanibel Steakhouse has lobster bisque and my friend liked it, but never had it myself. Others might offer it, I'm not sure. I usually go for a gumbo style soup myself. Ahi is available as a 'Today's Special' quite often and can usually be had at Timber's in the restaurant or raw in the market section to grill yourself. Trader's, Thistle Lodge and a couple of others have some form of it usually as an appetizer. If you ask, they might do a dinner portion.

check out www.cuisine-scene.com They have a number of menus online, but they might not be current. A number of the high end places change menus often.

I hope you have a great time on Sanibel!!!!!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Bubble Room has she crab soup (at least they use to). We have had lobster bisque at Old Captiva House (tween waters). Sanibel Steakhouse for ahi tuna and Lobster bisque - Sunset Grill and Traders for ahi tuna.

clermont, fl
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Thanks for the info. Sanibel Steakhouse may be a little fancier than what I'm looking for (it's flip flops and cargo shorts for me on vacation) but I planned on going to Timbers anyway. Again, I really appreciate everyone's knowledge and look forward to weighing in with any advice when I return and my experiences still sit at the top of my head.

Hall of Justice
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

I had the She-Crab soup last year at the Bubble Room. I thought it is was good, not the best, but very good nonetheless.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
144 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

My fiance had the lobster bisque at the Sanibel Steakhouse last September and thought it excellent.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Thistle Lodge is serving Classic Champagne Sunday Brunch with Creamy Lobster Bisque Lump Crab and Cognac Cream listed under soup. I have had it on special and it was devine!

Brunch is served from 11AM - 2:30PM.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Thistle Lodge is at Casa Ybel on Middle Gulf Drive, hard to miss and 472-3145, I just am chimming in again because I found this on the lunch menu just now.

Blackened Seared Ahi Tuna

Wakami Salad, Wasabi Cream, Toast Points

The only other place I can think of is Traders on Periwinkle.

Hall of Justice
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

Oh my God that sounds yummy! The brunch and the Ahi Tuna, hmmmmmmmmm I may be going there on Sunday.

Eat your heart out people.

England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for specific food on San/Cap

All this talk of food!

Does thistle lodge do brunch all year round and how much does it cost?

Any other Sunday brunch suggestions for late Sept would be appreciated.