We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

Midwest
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

We're trying to chose between the Holiday Inn Sanibel and Sanibel Island Inn in July. Haven't stayed at either before and wonder if anyone can let us know their impression of either. Sanibel Island Inn doesn't have specific non smoking rooms and that is a concern, but they do have beachfront accommodations with screened in balconies which is a big plus. Holiday Inn overlooks the beach, but no balconies. Their beach view is looking across pool. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

I'm sure you'll get some first hand impressions, but take a look at the Driftwood room at West Wind and Sunset Beach Resort, both on the west end and similar to each other. Both have balconies, but I don't know their smoking room policy. The rooms are bigger than the Holiday Inn rooms.

I have had friends stay at Holiday Inn and they did not like the little rooms there. I haven't tried their new restaurant yet.

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

Hi,

we stayed at Island Inn a couple of years back in the Matthews lodge which had a great view from the balcony. Room was reasonable size but bathroom was a bit small and very little shelf space for toiletries. In fact there was so little space I had to put my shaving gear on the dressing table. Believe it was due for a revamp.

We are definite non smokers and didn't notice any stale smells in the room.

One other point was that their pool was very small.

Look at Shalimar cottages and motel for a great beach spot.

miami
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

If you’re looking for a larger room I would say the Sanibel Inn by far. In addition to the standard hotel type room they also rent full size condos with fully appointed kitchens. The resort has allot of amenities and is located right on the beach with most rooms having a view. I have stayed there in the past and found it to be very nice.

Tripinit

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

Dewsburyman is talking about the Island Inn the 100 plus year old in on West Gulf Drive.

Definatly worth a walk in visit because it is a trip far back in time. They have photo albums from the begining in the lobby. Neet balconies you can walk right up on and underneath there are day rooms with grande pianos, cases of anitque books and shells.

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

Oops,

sorry about that. Not wishing to confuse.

6. Re: Holiday Inn vs. Sanibel Island Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 22:19