We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad News - Andrea's is closing

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bad News - Andrea's is closing

Andrea's Gourmet Market and Deli is closing. The building has been sold and everything in the store has been reduced for quick sale. They will be missed.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

They will indeed. I had posted this on Captiva where I just recommended them last week and then read about it closing on BOSC! I cannot tell how disappointed I am. I was really looking forward getting some Serrano ham there this fall. And some more of that excellent roasted garlic bread. Sigh! What a shame.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

I just went in to look...sad although it turned into a 3 bag shopping trip.... 30 and 40% off most everything.....

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

lol - had I been there I would have done the same Rainstorm! One bag for olive oils alone!!!!!!!

uk
Level Contributor
257 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

Well isn't that just typical! I have been reading about the fabulous edible goodies and was really looking forward to sampling the delights on our next visit to Sanibel - in five weeks from now. I must say I am surprised as it would seem that they had a fantastic first season - maybe they will re-open in another building....... (hopefully)

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

The Riviera is now opening for private parties - located on West Gulf Drive. We all have been wondering what was to become of that property. Would love to have seen the restaurant open again - I hope that they will be successful with a banquet style restaurant. Lots of people come down for destination weddings. family reunions, etc. - I wish them lots of Good Luck.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

That's a shame. I heard it was a neat place... I was always planning on going there, but never made it.

7. Re: Bad News - Andrea's is closing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island