We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue giraffe sanibel

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Allen Park
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
blue giraffe sanibel

I have a gift cert. to the blue giraffe in sanibel.

Is it still in business and if so how's the food??

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: blue giraffe sanibel

Yes, it's still in business. Had lunch there a couple of times last fall. It's like any other restaurant on Sanibel these days, some days the food and service is very good, other days you wonder if you've fallen thru a black hole to an alternate reality where everyone is indifferent or down right rude. Had one really good lunch that would have prompted me to recommend the place and a second where the food was only passable and the service non-existent. Avoid the bar-b-que ribs.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue giraffe sanibel

We eat at the Blue Giraffe weekly and the CHOWDERS are excellent. I like breakfast there too. They just got Barney's coffee and their grilled items are tasty. Sit in a booth in the back or outside. The Sunday AM waitress is nice. I like some of the new Ukrainian servers, all guys they pay attention to the dining room.

As for dining on the Islands in general. We eat out daily and enjoy meals an nearly every place on the Island. There isn't one REALLY BAD restaurant, like anywhere people can have various experiences.

Stand outs are Amy's, Hungry Heron for the food, Thistle Lodge with two brand new chefs.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: blue giraffe sanibel

lol

4. Re: blue giraffe sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:16