We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Buffet

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday Buffet

I thought I had read somewhere about this great Sunday buffet at one of the restaurants- but now I cannot locate any info about a Sunday buffet. Anybody got any info about a Sunday buffet on Sanibel????

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Buffet

I heard that Thistle Lodge added one and Dolce Vita has a jazz brunch. Maybe in season they stop, I don't know. Do ask at the Visitor Center. They should know.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Buffet

Island Inn has a Sunday brunch.

Check their website at islandinnsanibel for a menu.

Another "different' Sunday brunch is the brunch cruise on the Princess out of Sanibel Harbour, a north turn off of McGregor just before the causeway entrance.

Sundial has a brunch but I don't know if you have be staying there to take advantage of it. Might be worht checking out at sundialresort dot com.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Buffet

And...if we are going to include off-island Sunday buffet options, I will once again remind folks about the Waterfront Lighthouse Cafe off MacGregor just a mile or so beyond the Causeway at the marina. Very nice....

Also...check the Island Inn for dress code if you are considering dining there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Buffet

Slip of the "tongue"...I meant to say Waterfront Lighthouse Restaurant...not cafe.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Buffet

And just a tad farther off island, in the Publix plaza across from the outlet stores, is Biddles. Brunch menu at biddlesrestaurant dot com

uk
Level Contributor
312 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Buffet

As far as I am aware none of the above are buffet type brunches. The only place I know of is the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Myers, up near the university, which is not as good as some others I have been to, but is not bad.

The Hungry Heron used to do a buffet brunch - don't know if they still do it as we have no wish to eat there ever again!!

Chadwicks used to do a great buffet brunch - sadly no more.

uk
Level Contributor
312 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Buffet

Is the Lighthouse now a buffet? It certainly was not when we enquired last year, nor was Biddles.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Buffet

Check out biddlesrestaurant dot com and you can pull up a brunch link.

That's how I figured it out.

Of course, this is season. After season? Who knows?

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Buffet

Thistle Lodge Brunch is still happening all year it is a classic champaign plated brunch with music from Danny Morgan and friends indoors and outdoors till 4:00 at Coconuts Poolside Bar and Grill.

Hungry Heron is not having brunch.

Gasparilla's may be having a Sunday Gospel Blues Brunch. That you should call ahead on.

Last I looked Dolce was having the Jazz Brunch. Call ahead.

Island Inn is a regular brunch in a buffet like fashion ranging from pastry to smoked salmon. Kind of like a typical Florida golf country club would have.

Un-crowed Sunday Breakfast is at Blue Giraffe. Plenty good too! Hate to give that away.

Anyone know if Windjammers is having a huge buffet on Sunday's?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Buffet

Judybrit:

Thank you for the correction. I was focusing on the word "brunch" and not the word "buffet". It may be worth a phone call to inquire if the Lighthouse Waterfront Restaurant is now offering a buffet, but you are correct...our meals have always been from the menu.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island