We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
shrewsbury
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Anyone want to tell me where I should consider for a nice dinner? while grammy and grampy take care of my baby girl. Want a nice place for me and my wife to dine thanks for all your help

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Old Captiva House window table with a sunset view. At Tween Waters Inn on Captiva. Historic inn and NASCRAB races in their bar Mondays and Thursdays. 9PM is for adults.

Mad Hatter [very expensive] an old beach house but not much view at Blind Pass. Tiny place.

Sunset Grill a more casual bistro style place with indoor and outdoor seating and view of the Gulf. Very good food and service.

Thistle Lodge at Casa Ybel. Nice historic place with lovely decor. I've only been for lunch and it hasn't the rep of the other places. I'd be inclined to take Sunset Grill or Old Captiva House ahead of Thistle Lodge, but that's just me.

All - reserve well in advance in season.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

If you like white-tablecloth Italian, La Vigna is a good choice too.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

You can't beat Jacaranda

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Ellingtons.

OHIO
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Making a reservation at Sunset Grill during Easter Break week...should we get a table inside or outside at 7:30p.m.? Is there a certain table/area either inside or out that we should ask for? Only 10 more days until we're in the "happy lane" to Sanibel!!!:)

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

It might be kind of chilly outside at night, so I'd try for an inside table. By 7:30 it will be dark, so where you sit will be kind of a moot point. Nothing to see except the road. Very little artificial light on Sanibel, so when it's dark, it's DARK!

OHIO
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Maybe we should consider a different time?...I was thinking that since we are going to daylight savings time before that---that 7:30 would be good for a sunset dinner time?!?

OHIO
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

Actually, just looked up the sunset time for the day we want to go and it's at 7:12, so will make a 7pm. res. Do all their tables inside and out have views over the Gulf?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

No. The tables by the windows are mostly larger, so make sure to tell them you want to see the Gulf - and you can do what I did, wear warm clothes and sit outside. I enjoyed it myself, but it wasn't real cold, maybe mid-60's when I did it. All the outside tables have views. I'd try for a 6:45 reservation because you usually have a wait.

Level Contributor
235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best restaurant for romance fifth anniversary?

You might want to look at the sunset tables again & see if you were supposed to add an hour for Daylight Savings?? It appears that 7:12 would be a little early...unfortunately you can't see the sunset from the Grill anymore...vegetation across the road has gotten too tall :( But everything else about ti is fine. My wife and I went to the Jacaranda for our 25th & it was the best. We sat at a cozy table for two that is right next to the aquarium & had a wonderful dinner, a few drinks...then walked out to the Jac Bar & finsihed off with a live band. It's been our best memory of Sanibel so far...if you make a res tell them you want THAT table...they were very accomodating with us. We also find the Green Flash (Captiva) very inviting right around sunset.