We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February?

Indianapolis
10 posts
Save Topic
Weather in February?

Hi, I am thinking of getting married in Sanibel in February. Someone told me that it is cold in Feb, around 50 degrees!! Is this true? I really was hoping for warmer weather!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel
Sanibel
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February?

While the weather and temps can swing a bit in early February, the average highs are in the upper 70s and the LOWS (i.e. early morning) are in the 50s.

Much improvement over Indiana in February as I best remember from my time at IU!

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Indianapolis
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February?

Thanks for the info! Yes, that is quite an improvement over Indiana weather in February, which is around 20 or 30!

SO, would it be warm enough to have an early evening wedding outside? Is it warm enough to get in the ocean?

By the way, I also went to IU!

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Minnesota
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February?

We stayed on Sanibel the week of Feb. 23. It was sunny and warm (low 80's) and surprisingly humid for 5 of the 8 days we were there. Of course, a Canadian cold front followed us down from Minnesota for two days, with highs in the 60's, but it was still 60 degrees warmer that where we'd come from!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel
Sanibel
Sanibel Island, FL
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February?

My wife and I were on Sanibel this past February for the entire month. Each day was low to mid 80's. Nightime temp was mid to upper 60's. The weather was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel
Sanibel
Sanibel Island, FL
5. Re: Weather in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 08:38