We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

I received one of these in the mail for posting a review. Do any of you have one of these? Do you ever wear it when checking into a place?

I actually wore it while traveling to an from Portland, OR earlier in the spring (business trip), and I did notice I got very good service -- better than my co-worker received. We got bumped on our final connection flight from Minneapolis, MN, and she had to fly to Milwaukee and then Cincinnati and then drive back to Columbus. I got a direct flight to Columbus, just later in the day. We were thinking it was because of my hat. Probably not, but you never know I guess.

Anyway, do you think it's somewhat aggressive as in "oh, you know I have the power to give you a bad review unless you cater to my every whim" to wear that hat while checking in, or would you do it?

Wearing it on a business trip seemed like a good idea. For some reason wearing it to Sanibel Island seems to go against the good feelings I hope to find there, hat or no hat.

So, should I wear it?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Wear it at the Bubble Room and The Bean, and have a note pad and pencil in your hand. And look "critical" :)

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

LOL love it! I never got one and I wrote a review:-(

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

I've seen others wear it, or carry the bag or wear a tee shirt. I own nothing that says TA. I have never responded for a free offer of any kind. No reason to not wear it!

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Wear it and go to Cheeburger to see if it gets you any quicker or friendlier service.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Wear your hat.

I have a funny/interesting story....I always post over on the Bermuda forum and sometimes quite regularly as we visit there every fall. During our last trip, I was posting to the forum while we were on island about something that had happened at the hotel the day before. By night, the General Mgr, bar mgr and dining mgr all had apologised profusly. I had asked how they knew what had happened as we did not let on about the incident but were planning to upon check-out. The mgrs responded and said that they monitor TA daily and knew from the posting that I was coming and who I was befor we even arrived! We never did detect if service was worse or better than in previous visits. That resort is top notch always and they work hard to please their guests.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Now THAT's interesting WDS. I was told by one of the local rental agents that she would watch the diners at Doc Ford's wondering if one of them was me. :-) LOL It's one of the reason I have NOT TA gear. Can you imagine what would happen if they knew? YIKES!

Tidewater, VA
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

This is a great idea! I've got one of the t-shirts they sent a few months back (and a hat I think but they are both pretty ugly). I think I'll try wearing it a few times during my trip next week and see what happens. I was going to skip most of the restaurants but maybe I'll change my mind and try a few with my t-shirt on.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

But my older kids told me that if I ever embarassed them by wearing my ta hat in public they'd disown me! So I wear it only when I garden at home, lol.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

Although I do like Mcnaught's idea! ;)) Hi, McNaught, good to see my colorado buddy!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you wear your Trip Advisor hat?

I only wear my hat when I have bad hair and want to go running in my neighborhood. I do wear my ta tshirt as a beach coverup on Sanibel, sometimes.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island