We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundial or Casa Ybel

boston
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sundial or Casa Ybel

I have narrowed down to the Sundial or Casa Ybel. While I would prefer Casa Ybel, it is going to cost $1000 more for the week. Besides taking a risk with the room at Sundial (I am going through the resort and will get one of their rooms which they say they have quality control on)is there any real reason that I should not stay there or should I spent the extra money and go with Casa Ybel? I have two kids I(ages 6 and 10). Just want to be reassued that Sundial will be ok.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Hi Jujubunch,

Did you try the website: www.casaybel.com ? Sometimes there are savings from owners renting direct there.

It surprises me that the difference would be so large between the two especially going through the resorts.

If the prices are such, I like Casa Ybel better- but not $1000/week better! Go with Sundial (if you can't find an owner rental).

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

I just check out the Casa Ybel page myself and see a number of offerings in April for $2500- $3200/week:

http://www.casaybel.com/casa_db1.htm

boston
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

the problem is the airfare. If I go to Casa Ybel I have to go Sat-Sat and the airfare is so much more expensive. I can go Mon-Mon at Sundial and save much more on the airfare. The actual cost of the resorts is not much different.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

For me to ever think $1000 more would be worth it George Clooney and Richard Gere would have to be thrown into the package! I have the same issue when flying from Maine to anywhere and personally I would rather either use that money else where or not spend it at all. I am not sure when you are looking but if Sundial (which I know nothing about) has any issues are there other options other than Casa Ybel that give you what you need and allow the flexibility in fly dates? (BTW if you find a deal that includes George and Richard please PM me!)

boston
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Too funny!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Lol! If anyone finds a deal including Kid Rock or Jon Bon Jovi, please call stat!! I'd pay double for that... ; )

Juju - have you considered renting thru VRBO, instead of the resort, for Sundial. Being able to look at the units online with current pictures might ease your mind. Also, if you rented at Casa Ybel thru an owner, they might consider letting you rent fri - fri. Contact a few of them and see what they say.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Sorry, I see it was monday to monday.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Casa Ybel will not rent Monday- Monday even if through the owner as they own the week (which I thought was Friday)...

We sometimes stay a day or two at a motel off island in order to get a better airfare. It more than pays for itself and we check out Naples, Corkscrew Santuary, etc.

Also Tampa (or Fort Lauredale) is only a 2 hour drive and you might get a better fare there.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

Good info to know, Msc.

Juju - Here is a link to a thread that explains renting at Sundial vs renting thru an owner. If you rent thru an owner, there is a per day fee to use the resort pools, tennis courts, etc. tripadvisor.com/…10094447

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sundial or Casa Ybel

And if you are nervous about Sundial because of your past experience - here is a link with a list of mid week rentals.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island