We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack for ealry November

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Topic
what to pack for ealry November

Starting to pull things together for our first time trip to Sanibel Nov 4-8. We are having some cooler days here in New Jersey and wondering if I can strictly pack summer attire for Sanibel or if we need to bring some long pants, jackets, for night time strolls?

Kim

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to pack for ealry November

I would probably take only summer clothing- but I am warm-blooded. My wife would take at least one jacket and long pants. And a fleece. It's possible for it to be cool especially in the early morning. And if you are on the beach first thing or at sunset long pants/ sleeves could help if there are any bugs biting.

Which reminds me- pack the Off! You never know when you might need it.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Yes, pack as if it is summer but bring a light jacket and/or sweatshirt with a pair of long pants/slacks/jeans. It could be cool in the evening/early morning. I wish I were going!

BTW...cooler days here? Yesterday, the beach was quite crowded in NJ! what a beautiful day it was!and again today! (but Sanibel will be warmer for sure)

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Bug repellant for sure. Bathing suits. Short, tees, tank tops, etc.

I always bring a pair of jeans or cargo pants and a long sleeve fleece, for the cooler evenings and mornings. I wear them on the plane, with a tank top underneath.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to pack for ealry November

I forgot to tell you to have a great time - Please com back and tell us about your trip!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what to pack for ealry November

When I was there last November a cold front came through, and I absolutely froze. It was short lived, really for only 1 day, but I had to go buy a jacket! That is not the norm, but I would at least take a jacket.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Brrrr, I remember that Mcnaught. Wasn't it in the 40-50's in the evenings and morning?? Don't worry, Kimber, not normal at all.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Sunny, I got there a day or two before you did. I think? We came in on the Thursday before the week before the Thanksgiving week. I couldn't believe it, that on our first day of waking up there, I went out to the beach and people were in heavy winter coats, and I was in my bathing suit and cover up. I got in the car and went and bought more clothing! I think you came 2 days after me, and it had started to warm up, but I may be wrong. Regardless, a jacket in the suitcase does not hurt.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to pack for ealry November

OK, the people in the heavy coats were residents. Since I moved down here 70 degrees is sweatshirt weather now.Brrrrrrr!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Mcnaught - we went down on the Friday before Thanksgiving last year, so we caught the last day of the 'cold weather'.

Lol, even the 'cold' weather is warm, just not hot. But Slack, I can appreciate how after living there, 70 would seem cold. We don't put our winter coats on here until it hits below 32F, we just get used to different things.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what to pack for ealry November

Thanks to you all for the tips. Wow, 70s and freezing, you people down there sure are spoiled, lol, lol. We can't complain though. Weather up here in New Jersy was absolutely beautiful this weekend. Perfect "fall" days with bright sunny skies, 70s, and beautifil colorful leaves blowing in the front yard. I'm sure times will be changing though.

I am sure we will get on the plan here with jeans and a jacket so we should be covered if there are any "freak" cold fronts, lol

Thanks again,

Kim

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island