We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

Ok I have finally narrowed down to two units. I could use some opinions. I love quiet and we love shells. Love to sit on lanai and listen to waves and read. Like to be comfortable when spending eve watching tv or such. Here are websites:

http://www.vrbo.com/86806

http://www.vrbo.com/221812

Please help ......any pros or cons would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

Hi Kid

I liked both, but preferred the sanddollar condo. Only for the shots of the lanai - I almost could hear the gulf.

Both condos looked nice, amenities were good - I could be happy in either of them.

United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

Thanks sunny. I told my daughter you would for sure answer lol.

Pine has more square footage. Sandollar has more units.

Now which do you think will be less crowded area of the beach?

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

THe one thing if I'm thinking correctly is that Pine Cove is located next to the Public Beach Access at the end of Tarpon Bay Road. So depending on the time of the year a lot of people can be using that access.

I stayed at Sand dollar several years ago and it is a nice complex. Nice pool with a restroom right there which was nice. Many pools you need to go back to your condo. Tennis courts were nice then also.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

We have stayed at both Pine Cove and Sanddollar. We were in Pine Cove #303 last Feb. and have stayed at A201 twice and B202 once at Sanddollar. Both complexes are very nice. I just posted pictures of Pine Cove #303 yesterday, so hopefully they will be up today for you to look at. I prefer Pine Cove. The pool area is gorgeous, the size of the pool is amazing for such a small complex(only 16 units between both buildings). We had the pool to ourselves most days. It also has a large hot tub which is an added bonus. The units themselves are about 2500 square feet, so very spacious and comfortable. You get amazing gulf views from the master and family room at Pine Cove, at Sanddollar, the end units master's face the tennis courts. The pool at Sanddollar serves 3 buildings with 36 units all together and can get crowded. We did not have a problem with a crowded beach at Pine Cove last Feb. I suppose it could be different at other times of the year. Pine Cove's parking is under the the building so you never have to get in a hot car! I would be a little leery of Sanddollar because it doesn't show any photos of the interior. Sanddollar is a beautifully maintained complex and I would recommend it, just not over Pine Cove #303. Hope this helps.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

Just saw the interior photos of the Sanddollar unit through the owner's website. I think you will find Pine Cove a little nicer and more updated.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

Pine Cove only has 16 units so it will be much quieter - the units are very large as others have posted. It will be very quiet - your view looks over the pool to the Gulf of Mexico. Very nice experience at the pool as the view is beautiful. Many pools are in the back of the property and all you see is the driveway or the parking lot. Sanddollar's pool is further back but you can still see the GULF. I have never found Pine Cove beach to be crowded because of the public beach next to it. Lots of beautiful foilage surrounds Pine Cove.

7. Re: Opinion please Pine Cove 303 or Sandollar 301 bldg B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:17