We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

I go to Sanibel Island often, as I live in Orlando and it's about a 4 hour drive from my home. Typically I stay in a hotel however this time I'm taking several family members. I needed a 3 bed 2 bath condo and wanted direct access to the ocean. I've rented a condo in the Pointe Santo complex and have rented unit A-4. Is there anyone out there who's stayed in that unit and can tell me if I've made a mistake. Thanks in advance.

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

I went online to Royal Shell and looked at the condo. It looks like a really nice updated unit.

Pointe Santo is a nice family complex on a nice stretch of the beach near a grocery store to quickly pick up items. Bike path out front across from it as well.

I'd give it a thumbs up!

Enjoy!

minnesota
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

All I can say is we didnt stay in that unit but were at Pointe Santo and really liked it. I guess the only thing I worried about is i had a 4 yr old and there is an alligator in the pond. We did enjoy watching him but at times I got a bit paranoid. I would stay there again..:)

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

I think the alligator has passed away - But that doen't mean another one hasn't taken up residence by now.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

Still alligatorless.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

I'm travelling for our 25 year anniversary so I haven't been keeping up with TA but I thought I would add that alligators are a possibility anywhere in Florida where there is fresh water. Officials will remove any that appear threatening.

That said, our resident alligator has gone and we haven't seen anyone over the past year or more.

Michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

3 years ago, we stayed in the 3 bedroom opposite of A4 (E4?) and absolutely loved it! The layout of the condo was nice and there is nothing to describe how wonderful it is to open your patio and to be literally steps away from the beach. Some of our best memories are waking up with the kids at sunrise and looking for seashells while they were still in their pj's. I am sure you will absolutely love your choice!

7. Re: Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island Unit A-4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island