We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
minnesota
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Condos to rent on Sanibel

Hi, Last yr we went to Sanibel in April. This yr we are thinking of going the end of Feb first wk March. We stayed at Pointe Santo and really enjoyed it and would stay there again. I guess I am kind of the type to maybe try new places as you never know what you are missing unless you try.. or I guess you can say If it isnt broke dont fix it too??? Well anyway wondering what other places are nice to stay. I dont mind cooking we actually like to grill so that was nice last yr. We spent most of our time at the beach . I was looking at Compass Pt or Loggerhead and my parents are going to Tortuga sp?? Give me some input on places to stay. I prefer to be close to the beach. We are a family of 5.. 12 yr old 7 yr old and 4 yr old.

Thanks so much

Becky

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condos to rent on Sanibel

Compass Pt - was all boared up last I was there, I thought I heard it was closed for remodeling - maybe someone can update this?

Loggerhead gets nice reviews, nice area on beach. If you are looking for nice family condos - check out Shorewood( 3 bedroom), Coquina Beach (some have loft with extra beds), Sanibel Moorings (1,2,3 bedroom condos), Sanibel Arms and Arms West, Cyprina (3 bedrooms) and Villa Sanibel.

Nothing wrong with staying in the same place every trip - we do - my kids think the condo we stay in is ours...

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condos to rent on Sanibel

I would choose Pointe Santo over Loggerhead. They are both large complexes, but PS has much prettier grounds, and the location is better IMHO.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condos to rent on Sanibel

Compass Pointe has ongoing repair that never seems to be completed. No Idea when it will be available - soon I hope....Loggerhead Cay is a great family friendly complex with Large pool, bbq grills and tennis. Nice beach (as all the beaches are) - Grills are in one area (behind the #3 building so if you are staying in the front buildings - not as convenient to grill as it is at Pointe Santo. Grills are installed by each building. Tortuga is right next to Loggerhead so the location is great if you want to be close to your family.

4. Re: Condos to rent on Sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island
Recent Conversations