We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
14 posts
Save Topic
Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Curious if anyone had luck renting a Sanibel condo through VRBO or other source for a week, but starting on a Tuesday. Suggestions? Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

It would depend partly on the time of year you are going. This would be easier during the off season than the high season.

When are you going?

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Depending on time of year Ocean's Reach will if you call directly

Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Very Easy. For Example I am leaving on 2/4 (early) coming back 2/10 (late). Only 6 days ( got a great last minute deal on spirt airlines) I made my reservations yesterday. There are so many places currently for rent you can get and almost make your own deal. Sanibel Arms West, Sundial, Sanibel Inn you can do online but they are asking full retail for mid week times So what I did was call Royal Shell, Resort Quest and V.I.P and gave them my dates and told them that I have looked and see that they have lots of vacant properties and what type of deal would they offer. ALL of them understood and did their research. The best deal was for $1,500.00 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo, wireless internet acess, and washer & dryer facing the courtyard at Loggerhead Cay. This is only $250.00 per nite. But wait since Loggerhead Cay only allows 7 day rentals, I can check in anytime on 2/4 (it is vacant the week before) and check out anytime on 2/10 since the "official" check out date is 2/11. Try the old school way and use the phone and you may be suprised

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Here is a link to mid week rentals:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34616-i231-k20685…

Also look at Sanibel Moorings.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

Mid week or short stays at condos are possible to get on a last-minute basis as the above entry indicates but if you want to book something specific that has the amenities you want in advance then the options drop considerably.

One should also consider that those units that are available at a last minute discount might be vacant for a reason.. To be sure there are some perfectly fine condos that might find themselves vacant at any point but the likelihood is that the nicest units will book in advance.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

If you are coming in last minute you should be able to rent any day to any day according to availability..this is happening quite often because of the airlines. Everyone is flexible at this time.

7. Re: Luck with mid week weekly rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island