We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only

Any places to stay on Sanibel Island that is for adults only. Would like a nice quiet place away from the kids.

Thanks

Lehigh Acres...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only

We have stayed in a small inn or cottage, there are about 19 of them on the Islands. Google that.

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only

Song of the sea is geared for couples.

www.sanibelcollection.com

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only

I highly recommend Song Of The Sea. The times we have stayed at SOTS there were no children. You could not ask for more relaxing accommodations. The grounds are very pretty, pool is nice, there are bikes available, beach is quiet with chairs and umbrellas set up for you and they serve a delicious continental breakfast on the patio. I would definitely reserve a beach front unit.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only

There usually are not any children at the Blue Dolphin, since there is not pool.

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only

There are no places that I am aware of that are couples only on Sanibel or Captiva.

I will say that unless school is out there are not many kids anywhere. McNaughts suggestion of Blue Dolphin is a good one because of no pool and it is secluded. Blue Dolphin does book far in advance though and many people return year after year for the private beach area. The cottages are old Florida simple.

The no pool thing almost eliminates little ones in your general area.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only

Thanks everyone. I will check these out.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only

I think Seahorse Cottages are adults only.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only

Seahorse cottages adult only. Children are allowed at song of the sea, but likely it will be few.

9. Re: Adults only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 18:17