We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

..where the locals might go. You know, a place where the locals might know there's good food and some great earlybird specials. Possibly music too? Any great finds? Appeciate any advise from the locals.

Thanks!

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

This guide indicates waterside dining. scroll down to convert to PDF file and you can enlarge print to read more easily.

www.cuisine-scene.com/pages/glancesancap.html

Locals will chime in about the specials I'm sure.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

Traders is a great locals favorite. It has a great crowd off season - Tues and Thurs entertainment (danny morgan) They have a happy hour bar menu that is a good deal $ if you want to dine between 5 - 6. Doc Ford's is a local favorite as well. They now have outdoor seating - menu has Caribbean flair. Jacaranda has the best nightlife. Great food and an early bird special. Lazy Flamingo is a local favorite as well if you are looking for anything RAW. It is fun and open late.

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

I'm new to this forum as orlando and keys have been our destinations for the last 20 years. Can I have some advice on 1 bedroom condos/efficiencies please...ie. which end of the island is the best etc for nicest areas, restaurants, hiring bikes and so on.

All advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

Florida fab....start your own thread and others will chime in. It may get missed under someone elses topic. Include all your wishes. TIme of year preferences while on vacation and budget range.

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

Thanks steinbecke, I'll do that.

USA
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

Rainstorm and Steinbecke,

Thank you very much that is just what we were looking for.

7. Re: Looking For Casual Waterside Establishment .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:21