We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensible Car Rental

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Sensible Car Rental

The prices at the regular airport car rental companies are almost triple what I paid last year for a car rental (both trips).

I know a poster recently mentioned having a good experience with Sensible Car Rental. I'm wondering did you contact them by email? I emailed Sensible but have not received a response yet.

Anyone else have any experience they could share with me about Sensible?

Thanks...Found great airfare..but yikes the car rental prices.UGH..

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensible Car Rental

You need to call them. He is very helpful on the phone, but slow to respond to email.

They do have good prices. The cars are used, but they do the job.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensible Car Rental

Hi palmtreequeen,

I think you're talking about me....I called them. The office is closed on sundays (the shuttle service still runs) so maybe that's why you haven't heard back yet. I would advise calling them at their office, I got an immediate response. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding my experience with them. Good luck!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensible Car Rental

Hi Shanj,

Yes I was talking about you! I was hoping you would see this. Thanks for your information. I will call him. I did e mail on a Sunday not even thinking he would be closed. May I ask if you counter offered his price or just accepted it? Thanks again!!

Hi Mcnaught

Thanks for your help too. I just thought e mail would be easier. I will call. I take it you have had good luck with Sensible Car Rental?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensible Car Rental

Hey palmtree,

I did counter his offer, but he didn't budge. I'm guessing that he has done his research and knows that he's giving the best price out there, so he won't move. I was bummed initially (there's a thrill in haggling) but realized that it was still my cheapest option by far, so I went with it. Maybe in the off season you would be able to get a better price, but right now I doubt if they're going to move much. I guess a few of the companies at the airport closed their off-site locations not far back, and that has given Sensible a greater share of the off-site rental market.

Great Falls, MT
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensible Car Rental

Last year (Oct) I compared Sensible to several car rental agencies including Priceline, and did much better with Priceline.

Lynne

Maryland
Level Contributor
408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensible Car Rental

coming to SI in May and got a compact for a week for $181 thru hotwire. Was pretty pleased compared to other rates i saw.

Indiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensible Car Rental

We are coming the last week in April and just booked a compact thru Hotwire as well. Got a rate of $181 which includes taxes/ fees, and pick up is at the Fort Myers airport. All other prices we had checked were in the $350-450 range! Good luck!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensible Car Rental

Thanks everyone for the great advice.

I did speak to Tom at Sensible. He was very helpful and on the day of our conversation he was the lowest price by over $20 a day (apprx $71 including tax and fees).

I tried Priceline and Hotwire today and found an Economy car for $35.90 a day (not staying a week so I can't get a weekly rate) still more than I normally pay but much better than the $95 a day I started out finding.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!!!

nwarkansasgirl
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensible Car Rental

We had a great experience with Sensible Car Rental in Fort Myers, FL. The staff was friendly and helpful, the car was clean and in good condition, their rental rates are very competitive, and their airport pickup and drop off was quick and easy. I highly recommend them.

MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensible Car Rental

try www.carrental8.com seems very reasonable compared to Hotwire, Priceline etc.

I have never used them, but just stumbled upon them. Has any one used them?