We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay such decisions

Ohio
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to Stay such decisions

THANK YOU in advance for any suggestion or advice. First time using Trip Advisor and seems like a great way to get the inside scoop. Never been to Sanibel my husband and I are going for his 45 Birthday so I am making all the plans so he can enjoy. I have called and found a few hotel/ cabins. We are going late May. We love the water and beach and OK I get to look for shells what a deal! Coming from cold weather so will be happy no matter if I have to sleep on the beach... OK maybe not that rustic....We don't have to stay at first class but do want nice clean accommodations, updated, OH Yeah Romantic, Scenic, close to water so we can hear the water and enjoy our self’s...

I was looking a 3 days at Tween Waters in a Cabin- she said number 117 on bay side or 104 on Gulfside?

Or she had a Studio in the hotel that was upper level so you could see the water... I was thinking Cabin since the rest of the time would be on the beach. Anyone stayed in a Cabin there?

Or should I go for the hotel suite?

On Sanibel was looking at for 3 days

Song of the Sea- Kind of leaning toward this one

or

Seaside Inn

Any comments or better suggestion looking for Hubby and I between $200 to $350 a night.

Need a suggestion for a place to stay on the Westend of Sabibel for 3 days since I believe the above Hotels are on the East End.

Enjoy the Day!!!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay such decisions

I think I am not reading right - are you coming for 3 days or for longer?

I would stay at tween waters, Gulf front in a heartbeat. Gorgeous views, walk to restaurants. Probably my first choice for a romantic time.

On Sanibel - East side, Song of the Sea, Seaside or Sanibel Inns. Song of the sea is geared toward adults, but the three are sister properties and are all nice.

West Side - 3 night stay - Sunset Beach resort, West Wind Inn. A more rustic choice, but beautiful location, is Waterside Inn.

Ohio
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay such decisions

Thank you everyone. I am staying 9 nights in total.

I think I am going to take the advice of marslady and not pack and unpack so much going to 3 hotels but instead enjoy. So we are going to go with 2 places for the 9 days one on Captiva and one on Sabibel. A lot of the condos and houses are booked up but from what I hear this place is addictive so I will keep my eye out for next years plan to return.

Tween waters and Song of the Sea.

Sunnyvaca I can't wait to get to Tween Waters.

Have you ever stayed in one of their cabins?

It is going to be hard to wait till May...

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay such decisions

Hi getaway,

For more information about Tween Waters Inn and the cottages, check out the Captiva Forum here on Trip Advisor, just put Tween Waters in the search box:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34481-i768-Captiv…

May is slow season on the Islands and you shouldn't have problems finding a great place or places to stay. If you are set on staying on both Islands and your trip is for 9 nights, why not rent a condo on Sanibel for 1 week and then stay the remaining days at Tween Waters, or rent a home for a week on Captiva Island and then stay the remaining days on Sanibel.

With your budget, you could rent a home on Captiva or a Condo on Sanibel for the week. If you have any questions about Captiva Island ask on the Captiva Forum and we'll be happy to help you!

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay such decisions

Song Of The Sea is a very special place. The beach front rooms have a nice view. Good choice.

Tween Waters I would go gulf side. The beach across the road is beautiful. Old Captiva House has excellent food.

Where ever you choose if you are on Sanibel or Captiva you are on a little piece of heaven.

5. Re: Where to Stay such decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 08:25
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island