We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

We are torn between renting a unit in Pine Cove in Sanibel, or the "Bayside" home in Captiva in late April.

I would welcome any comments from readers who have stayed in either location. We will be travelling with 2 kids (ages 10 and 9) who will spend most of the time in a pool. The pool at Pine Cove looks nice -- but small.

Thank you.

Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

Did you ever end up staying at Pine Cove in Sanibel? We are considering it for next spring. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

Bayside is the house I looked at when my hands down my favorite Captiva rental came off the rental market. It's in the same area as my favorite, but closer to a house called Sandhurst - a house that is used for large parties and wedding receptions so things can get noisy now and then. Turtle Run was far enough away that it never was an issue there, but I don't know about Bayside. I also don't know if the owners are still limiting rentals to 4 weeks. That stretch of Captiva is a favorite of mine, but off season it can be really quiet. So much so it bothered friends of mine as they felt isolated, but they loved having the beach all to themselves! I like the sense of isolation, others don't. Late April things are still busy, relatively speaking, on Captiva.

Pine Cove I don't know other than location at Tarpon Bay Beach. Rainstorm or Sue might know and also search the forum for Pine Cove as I recall some folks there recently who really liked it.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

I MUST look at posting dates. lol

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

Pine Cove is a great place - small - only 16 units with pool and jacuzzi. Units are larger and more upscale . Pool area is very pretty and looks out to Gulf and the bike path is right across the street

Sayana is another option. It is located on West Gulf Drive and all units are Gulf Front. Has only 9 units with pool and tennis.. Many of the complexes in that area are smaller or month minimum so less crowded.

5. Re: Pine Cove Condo v. "Bayside" rental home in Captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 00:19