We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

We were planning to leave for a trip to Tulum, Mexico this week, but the Swine Flu is turning us back. Looking for something similar -- quiet, clear water, white sand beaches. Never been to Sanibel, but it seems like it might be just the thing. Can anyone recommend a quiet place to stay, on the water? doesn't need to be fancy, but clean and quaint. Our Tulum budget was $115/night. I know we can't expect that in Florida, but something affordable would be great.

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

By the way, I forgot to mention that we are scheduled to leave on Wed this week. Might push it back a day or two, but this is a last-minute search, for a place for 5-6 nights. Any help appreciated!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

Try Sanibel Moorings - rates start at $159 and there are several specials offered (ie stay 5 or 6 nights and get one night free)

Photos are on their website

http://sanibelmoorings.com/special_offers.htm

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

If you really want white sand beaches - Sanibel doesn't have those. The beaches here are beautiful, but they are natural and ungroomed. They are also full of shells. Click on traveler photos to get an idea of what it is like

Anna Maria Island, Siesta Key, Destin area have the white sand beaches you might be looking for.

If you do decide on Sanibel, I hope you do - it is a slice of heaven. Look at this thread for ideas on where to stay:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34616-i231-k20685…

Smaller quaint places are Parrots Nest, Brennens Tarpon Tale Inn, West End Paradise, Beachview cottages, seahorse cottages, Gulf Breeze Cottages. Also look at Shalimar and Waterside Inn.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

Since you're coming last minute - check with the chamber of commerce. They have a last minute vacancy list, and many times huge savings are found this way:

…chambermaster.com/directory/…

I might do this first, before my above posted suggestions.

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

Don't know how many in your party but if it's just 2 try Oceans Reach condos. Couldn't call it quaint though it's a relatively small complex and it's right on the beach. Probably run you approx $150 night though they may offer less. I did note reductions offered of 20% on weekly rate from May 2 onwards if you were booking 1-7 days before arrival.

Check out their website www.oceansreach.com or better still give them a call,nothing to lose.

Comes highly recommended.

Shalimar as mentioned by Sunny also right on the beach and quiet location. rates approx same.

Good luck

6. Re: quaint, quiet hotel to recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island