We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire Rental Car?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Topic
Hotwire Rental Car?

Hotwire has pretty good rates, has anyone ever used them? What other fees are involved?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire Rental Car?

I have used both Hotwire and Priceline...I think those two may even have merged, but may be mistaken about that. There were no "extra" fees involved to my knowledge.

In any case, the only downside is that you must pay when you book and the money paid is not refundable. However, if you got a great deal and are willing to take the small risk that something could interfere with your travel plans, then this may work well for you. As an alternative, you might check for current specials from a wide range of rental car vendors at www.breezenet.com Every now and then I have been able to find a price comparable to Priceline / Hotwire, yet can retain the right to cancel should that be necessary because there is no "middle man"...you deal directly with the vendor.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire Rental Car?

We got as great deal last time through Hotwire and it ended up being with Hertz and we ended being upgraded no idea why but loved it!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire Rental Car?

We got a full size car through Priceline last week for $165 for a full week, all taxes and fees included. Had I booked it a little earlier, it would have been lower, but I had been watching the Hotwire reservations and did not move quickly enough. Priceline put us with Alamo, which lets you choose any car they have in your particular category--nice little feature. I would use them again, as this was the first time I had tried them.

4. Re: Hotwire Rental Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 07:33
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island