We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report- 5/16 - 5/23

East Rockaway, NY
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report- 5/16 - 5/23

Myself, my husband Matt and our 4 year old Isabelle arrived in Paradise on 5/16. We are staying at Ocean's Reach and are loving it! From our Lanai we can see and easily hear the ocean. It is very relaxing.

When we arrived we were able to check in right away so we stopped at a Publix on the way from the airport. Picked up drinks, snacks, coldcuts and a cool shark toy for the pool (all the kids have been playing with it!)

The weather was beautiful- warm welcoming sun, a nice cooling breeze so we hit the beach right away!

All keep saying the shelling isn't that great- but for a first timer I think it is wonderful! I can't even imagine The sand here is beautiful- powdery and I do not mind it being on me one bit. NY sand- I hate! The shells do bother my feet so I keep my flip flops with me.

Since it was the Preakness we decided to try Biddles Bucket for an early dinner and to watch the race. It wound up being happy hour with 1/2 priced appetizers- and we are def an appetizer family so all were happy. Tried the Landshark beer- I liked it better than coronas. Mozzarella sticks, peel and eat shrimp, wings, their oyster app and nachos. All were standard bar food. The waiter was very nice and attentive. Saw the Philly win the race and headed back to the condo. Went for a great walk on the beach(this seems to happen everyday- and I am loving it)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report- 5/16 - 5/23

Please keep us posted. I know what you mean about being a first timer and being awed by the shelling (when others might think it's not that great). Sanibel Island is like no other place for shells, so even when it's not great for Sanibel Island, it is great compared to just about anywhere else.

We did get more picky about what to keep as the vacation wore on.

2. Re: Trip report- 5/16 - 5/23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 05:34
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island