We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

can anyone help me make this choice. Both look old timey and appealing, so I wonder if any of you know them both . I am looking at next winter. any help greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

Seahorse doesn't allow young children, if that makes a difference to you. They are also located on the East End, which will be slightly busier in the winter. Seahorse isn't located on the beach, but a short walk away - you can see from the pictures on the website.

Beachview is a larger group of cottages on the West Gulf stretch -it will be less populated here. It will be a bike ride or car drive to restaurants and shops, whereas Seahorse is nearer to Old Town, which has a restuarant, deli and ice cream shop. However, BV is on the gulf - you could possibly get a gulffront unit.

You'd be happy either place - pick the amenities that are most appealing to you and whether or not you want to be on a quieter or busier part of the beach.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

Thanks. The info about the business of the areas sealed it for me; we are reserved at Beachview and await our first visit to Sanibel with glee!

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
189 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

On our first trip to Sanibel in June 2008 my hubby and I stayed at Beachview Cottages for 9 days. We were not disappointed. Very close to the beach and our unit, as well as the entire grounds, were very clean and comfy. Sanibel is such a calming place. I hope you enjoy your trip. We can't wait to go back.

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

Just to chime in as well...we stayed at Beachview Cottages this past April...we loved it! It is a very laid back place; with wonderful cottages, a nice pool and a stellar beach! I think you'll really enjoy it.

5. Re: Choosing between Seahorse and Beachview Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 07:43
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island