We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking and Beach Access

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parking and Beach Access

Since I have some Hilton points to redeem, I'll be staying off Sanibel Island in October, but expect to drive in every day. Is parking readily available, and how accessible are the beaches for non-hotel guests?

Thank you.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking and Beach Access

Try this - tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i687-Shelling_o…

If you want to see sunsets (like at Blind Pass for example), my advice is to get there WAY early and just plan to stay. The parking lot there is small and very competitive at sunset time. I've heard the advice to be there an hour beforehand, but just to be safe, I'd get there even before that, and just have fun on the beach as you wait for the sunset to arrive.

Have fun!

PA
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking and Beach Access

Also just note there's a $6.00 charge to cross the causeway from Ft. Myers area. Also it cost us $2 an hour to park at another beach on Sanibel, I assume Blind Pass is the same (will be checking that out today).

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking and Beach Access

October is probably the least busy month of the year, so I doubt parking will be much of an issue. Here is a link about all the beaches and parking.

www.sanibel-captiva.org/play/beaches.asp

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking and Beach Access

This is the city of Sanibel's website:

www.mysanibel.com

5. Re: Parking and Beach Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island