We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Mom and Pop type resorts

12 posts
Save Topic
Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Looking for a clean kitchenette place on the beach with a pool. Bringing my 84 yr old mom and also my sister. My mom is a pretty cool 84yr old but recently had hip surgery so she's a little slow moving....so we need a place that's not too spread out.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Try Waterside Inn, Beachview cottages, White caps, WestWind Inn, just to get started.

12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Thanks..I'll look into those

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Not so mom and popish, but look at Ocean's Reach condos. You could get a ground floor walk out - almost on the beach, easy walk from the parking lot.

Sanibel Arms or Sanibel Arms West might be worth looking at too - if you can get a ground floor. Lots of stairs there.

Maryland
Level Contributor
409 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

MAybe Blue Dolphin ??? or Tropical Winds?

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

No pool but West End Paradise does have some units with decks that let you sit out and watch wildlife in ponds. I mention it as we are staying there and my 87 yo mom is joining us and part of attraction was she could sit out side and enjoy wildlife and vegetation and not have to go far if she did not want to...and we can drive her right to a beach access if desired.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

The units A1-3 or E1-3 at Pointe Santo are all ground floor walkouts and very close to the beach and pool.

Maybe a thirty second average (non-surgical) walk.

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Pointe Santo is not a Mom and Pop place but the condos he suggested are right on the beach. They have an adult swim only time so your Mom can get into the pool without being worried a kid will knock her over. The sandbars are nice out front so the water doesn't get too wavy as a rule.

This person has two of the condos mentioned by MySanibelcondo

sanibelloco.com/pointe-santo-vacation-rental… You will deal with this person directly. She is a friend of Toots who has a great blog and posts here along with Slackeranda. http://sanibeltoots.blogspot.com/

4015 has a walk to the beach in my opinion unless you rent the front units and it is expensive in my opinion for what you get.

Oceans reach sits very close to the water and has an elevator. The pool is out front by the beach....that may be the best choice for your Mom....but again not Mom and pop!

Indian Shores...
Level Contributor
704 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Check out Gulf Breeze Cottages, as well. It fits your criteria...clean, w/ kitchenettes, grills, picnic tables, beautiful wide beach...kitschy-cute, and family-run.

http://www.gbreeze.com/

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

Sand Pointe is not too big 45 units located on West Gulf Drive - Quiet, beautiful pool with nice view of the Gulf...most important they have a wooden walkway to beach.

Colorado
Level Contributor
178 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Mom and Pop type resorts

I would phone the Chamber of COmmerce and pose the question...Most of the mom and pop places people have mentioned are on the west end of the island and kind of out of the way but beautiful for beaching and vegging..There are many many smallish motels on west gulf drive.

Several folks are suggesting fairly large condo complexes...quite large in fact, so while most of the complexes do have walk out units, you could end up a ways from the beach and they generally won't feel like mom and pop motels.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island