We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Most interesting, fun, fish tanks, games, decor,etc. that your kids really love? Not talking prices or food quality, just where the kids really love to go...any suggestions? We leave in 2 days!!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

No fish tanks - but my kids LOVE the Island Cow.

Why?? For all the cows.... the outdoor patio... the cool chairs in the yard outside. Live music on some nights.

dad
St. Louis
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Actually, the Bubble Room is where they would want to go. Some think its not what it used to be but we go every year we are there. It has a ton of props, train running through the building, movie posters, and other attractions, bubble bread appetizers and sweet rolls, great desserts. Every kid should go once.

Colorado
Level Contributor
178 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Take the kids to the Bubble Room for lunch...take the camera to get pics of the tunnel of love boat with them in it and the ape escape outside (lunch is a zillion times cheaper than dinner and more kid friendly)....then take them to the Bailey Matthews Shell Museum after lunch for the live tank...or the sanibel sea school....

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Biddles Bucket has several fish tanks, a live frog tank and a game room.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Biddles bucket is a hit with my kids, they get to go play games in the game room.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

I wanted to add to the "wow factor" and agree with others that the Bubble Room is good for "wow factor". It is pricey, (and not worth it) but so is Disney, and we have all done that right?! So just go for the experience.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Don't forget Jerry's where kids can talk to the parrots.

I also like the Bubble Room and agree it's bit expensive, but I do think it's worth it.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

Morgan's Forest is long gone replaced by Courtney's.Holiday Inn so always kid friendly although I don't think there is any wow factor involved. Grama Dots is good for Lunch or dinner located right on the Marina - fun to look at all the boats and there are usually lots of pelicans around looking for a handout. Bubble Room has always been a big favorite for kids. The food is inconsistant but the place is fun. Island Cow has an incredible menu (something for everyone) and games in the back patio to play while waiting. www.sanibelislandcow.com

Cheeburger Cheeburger - The best burger - have your picture taken and win a prize if you eat a 1# burger!! great old fashioned burgers and shakes and malts...1975 Periwinkle Way in Tahitian Gardens.

Don't Miss Pinocchio's Ice Cream at the Seahorse Shops 362 Periwinkle Place.

9. Re: Best "Wow" factor for kids- restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island