We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Topic
Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

I'll be heading there soon with my niece and I want to make sure I take everything with me that I'm going to need. I'm driving so I can load the car with whatever I need and don't have to worry about over-weight luggage.

So, are the cottages well-equipped? Do they have enough sheets and towels for two people? Kitchen stuff like utensils and plates and coffee mugs, etc.? A blender? Coffee pot and etc (I'll bring my own coffee)?

Beach chairs and umbrellas? BBQ grills? Utensils for same?

In short - when you stayed there, was there anything you wish the cottage had that it didn't have?

Thanks for any input!

Tink *~*~*

http://MyMobileAdventures.com

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

Bump for Tink ....

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

Wow. I guess no one stays at Mitchell's!

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

BellTinkR, I have never stayed at Mitchell's; but in the past rented at their 'sister' property right next door - the Forty-Fifteen. I have to assume all the kitchen 'stuff' is provided as well as linens. Beach chairs/umbrellas I think you may have to rent.

My advice is to call ahead with any questions/concerns that you may have.

I hope you have a great trip!

Tampa,Florida
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

We stayed there in January.They do have grills right outside your door step,coffee maker, sheets, towels,etc.Can't remember about the blender.I think not,tho.I'd remember if they did.Everything else you might need they had.

Tampa,Florida
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

As I recall they didn't have beach chairs/umbrellas readily available.They may have had them.We just didn't see them.Give them a call.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

We stayed at 4015 in May, and they are actually renting nice chairs and umbrellas for a reasonable price. They do have pretty good grills, but you may want to bring down your own grill utensils. I think there was a blender and the usual pots, pans and plates. We brought our own knives down, which was good, since theirs were incredibly dull.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

There's afairly extensive Mitchell's thread I would check out before going there.....

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

Thanks for all the replies - I will go searching for the Mitchell's thread now.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

Here is a recent thread on Mitchells, Tinks.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34616-i231-k27717…

It seems people either love it or hate it. If you stay there - come back and tell us what you think...

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Calling anyone who has stayed at Mitchell's Sandcastles

hey, thanks Sunny. Now I know I should throw chairs and umbrella in the car before heading out there. And what da heck, I'll pack the Magic Bullet, too - it's small, won't take up a lot of room and it makes a great pina colada! :)