We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Fun times

Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel Fun times

Well, we're getting used to a new world here on the island. Definitely different habitat from KS although the weather is the same. Hot and humid. Perfect excuse for afternoon naps.

We went on an evening cruise at Tarpon Explorers that was really great. So many birds! Beatiful night. Our naturalist was so friendly and got the kids into the discussion.

By an overwhelming vote by the whole family, our favorite place here is Sanibel Scoop. Great new ice cream place. Have coupons right now bogo. And the cake batter and double chocolate is heaven. So check out when you get here.

We had lunch at Hungry Heron yesterday and the Po'boy shrimp sandwiches were so good and the waitress was very friendly and helpful.

We also haven't found any big shells yet. But hope to venture up to Bowman's or Blind Pass later. I love the beach in the evening w/the breeze and cooler temps.

Saw dolphins at Lighthouse too. Very cool. Well, the kids are waiting at the pool. Thanks for everyone's comments and information in helping to make our vacation wonderful!

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel Fun times

Sounds like you are having a great time.Wish I was there too right now.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel Fun times

Glad you are having a great time! Maybe we need to try Tarpon Bay again, everyone is saying great things about it.

Go to Sanibel Deli and Coffee Factory - down from Herons, and get a cuban sandwich to take to the beach.. yummy.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel Fun times

Pray tell, where did you find bogo coupons for sanibel scoop? Did you pick them up on the island? My posse and I will be down there in a few weeks and want to take advantage of any coupons that are out there. I wonder of Schnappers is still doing their specials too. Anybody else encounter any good deals lately? I know "sanibel on a budget" has been in recent posts but thought there might be some specials going on latley that I haven't heard about

Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel Fun times

We found the coupons on the island at the Chamber of Commerce Info office and right now they have some at Sanibel Scoop. The folks who work there are very cool.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel Fun times

Thanks for sharing the coupon info. I guess I will be stopping at the chamber on my next trip.

6. Re: Sanibel Fun times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island