We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel in Nov

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel in Nov

My sister in law who turns 60 the first week of Nov. and I are going to stay in Bradenton at a friend's condo from Oct.31-Nov. 5. She wants to go to Sanibel, and I was thinking of surprising her with an overnight stay during the week and celebratory dinner. It's two hours from Bradenton per Mapquest, so that will give us most of two days and one evening in Sanibel. Suggestions of place to stay (I have read the forums so will follow that advice), restaurant for the bday dinner and the musts (seashells and beach sound great). We both lead busy lives and are looking forward to some R&R. She's from VA and I'm from Boston. Thanks!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel in Nov

I would probably call West Wind Inn - they are offering $138 a night for that time period. That room comes with a refrig and microwave, coffee maker. Or upgrade to a Kitchenette room.

There is a pool bar on site, also a little restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

Other suggestions - Sanibel Inn, Song of the Sea, Sunset Beach Resort, or Tween Waters on Captiva.

Restaurants - what are you looking for? Seafood, steak, italian?Upscale or moderate?

Must dos - beach, shelling, ride bike up and down Periwinkle, stopping at all the little shops, visit CROW.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel in Nov

Sanibel Inn might be a good choice. You can rent a condo for 1 night if you need the space. There is a Holiday Inn right on the Gulf (Middle) with restaurant (Courtney's)

Pool bar and Beach access if you just want a single room. Other choices for a 1 night stay might include Waterside Inn (West Gulf Drive) Island Inn (West Gulf) "tween waters inn" Captiva Right on the Gulf and Bay - nice restaurants (Old Captiva House) very old Florida decor and great food. Crow's Nest (More casual or late night dining and (entertainment). Sundial Resort is another good choice located on Middle Gulf Drive.

More Restaurants – Over Easy for Breakfast or Lunch – always so fresh with an interesting menu.

Captiva

Green Flash for Lunch or Dinner Located on the Bay – may see a manatee or dolphin while dining.

Mucky Duck for lunch or dinner and fabulous sunsets located right on the Gulf.

Prettiest restaurant on the Island is Thistle Lodge at Casa Ybel (West Gulf) expensive and chef-y. Great.

Sanibel

Doc Ford’s – Lunch or Dinner Sanibel Captiva Road and Rabbit Road – Offers Caribbean Flair (lots of tv’s – sports bar atmosphere)

Jacaranda – Dinner only – Great menu

Traders – Lunch or dinner – Bistro Cuisine in a marketplace setting. I love this place!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel in Nov

I would add Sunset Grill for dinner.

4. Re: Sanibel in Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 06:15