We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR 9-17-09 to 9-20-09 Girlfriends Weekend Getaway

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
TR 9-17-09 to 9-20-09 Girlfriends Weekend Getaway

Stayed at Seaside Inn for the second year in a row. Seaside cottage-bedroom with a king bed, one bathroom, full kitchen- dining area, living room with pull-out sofa sleeper and tv w/dvd player. The staff is great, room cleaned every day, basket of goodies delivered each day for breakfast the following morning. Included orange, banana, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, water, orange juice, teabags, and coffee. You can get extra bottled water from the office, and a good selection of dvd's are available to use.

Upon arrival Thursday night, the three of us enjoyed pizza at "Island Pizza". As usual, it was very good, however there was an issue with one of the slices, which was supposed to include pepperoni and a couple of vegetables. It was served with only pepperoni, so it was brought to the attention of the waitress. Unfortunately, instead of baking another pizza, the cook added the vegetables on top of the pepperoni, reheated it, and served it to my gf. She was disappointed, as it didn't taste the way it should have.

Our days were spent on the ocean; beautiful skies and calm waters. Seaside Inn still furnishes free umbrellas and chairs to guests, and we enjoyed them every day. They even blew up our three rafts for us.

Sanibel Day Spa was enjoyed on Friday - extremely relaxing and had a percentage off (see their website) for services. The hot stone massage and the relaxation massage (both 50 minutes) were wonderful. With the discount, the price was right, and we were glad we did it.

Of course a trip to Sanibel wouldn' t be complete without a drive to the "Bubble Room" in Captiva. We're not too fond of their "real" food, so we picked up 3 pieces of cake to go and enjoy back in our cabin.

More food: Mc T's for crablegs and shrimp. Delicious, as usual and had great service. The waiter brought out a huge plate of an ice cream/fudgy dessert for all of us to enjoy, as we were celebrating my gf's birthday. Other meals included Doc Ford's for lunch - not real impressed with the fish sandwich. The other meal was at "Jacaronda", where I had gotten a $25.00 restaurant.com certificate for $2.00. This was a highlight of our trip. The food and service were both good, we all had filet mignon dinners, because this was the last meal of our trip, and we were burned out on fish. Meal was delightful, and the pina colada was excellent. The only disappointment was dessert, the gooey turtle pie. It was ok, but could have been much gooier.

Trip went too quickly. We left for the airport at 5 am for an early 6:30 flight, dropped our Alamo rental car off ($10.00 day), and was back home and working by 9 am Monday.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
478 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR 9-17-09 to 9-20-09 Girlfriends Weekend Getaway

Sounds wonderful! I think I would like the Seaside Inn. I'll have to check it out next trip. Thanks for the report!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR 9-17-09 to 9-20-09 Girlfriends Weekend Getaway

Thanks for the great report! Working by 9 am??? I think you get the award for most motivated.

3. Re: TR 9-17-09 to 9-20-09 Girlfriends Weekend Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island