We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birds?

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Birds?

A friend who comes to Captiva every year for many years said that this year during the cold spell there were few birds, that perhaps they had left for warmer climes. Are they back? We are coming for first trip in early March and my favorite thing about the gulf coast has always been birds, birds, birds. Any info ?

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birds?

My husband is on island and has been sending lots of photos of birds, so I don't think you will have any trouble enjoying the wildlife. I will ask him if hes noticed any fewer than normal.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birds?

My husband says there are lots of birds everywhere -- not to worry.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birds?

Thanks! Bird sightings do for me what shells seem to do for most of you Sanibel fans.

4. Re: Birds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:17