We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Book Update

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel Book Update

It looks like the Neals new books is on infinite hold. At this point, it doesn't seem it will be released, according to an in the know source... : )

There is a new book, written by a Sanibel local, Charles Sobczak, called ' Living Sanibel ', that will be released soon, if it hasn't been already.

http://www.indigopress.net/books.shtml#

Sanibel Bookshop will have a book signing on Tuesday - so go and pick up a copy! Let us know what you think.

www.sanibelbookshop.com

Edited: 01 February 2010, 11:56
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
484 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel Book Update

Sunny, thanks for the info. " Living Sanibel" sounds interesting, can't wait for a book report.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel Book Update

Argh. I didn't edit enough. Neals new book, not books.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel Book Update

Thanks for the link and the update sunny.

I plan to order "Alligators, Sharks & Panthers" just so I can check out that cover! Is that Tarzan?

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel Book Update

It could be, does tarzan live on Sanibel?

I want 6 days on Sanibel - it's compared to Tuesdays with Morrie. I'm thinking i'll go into Sanibel Bookshop for my beachread this year.

ohio
Level Contributor
501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel Book Update

Sunny - do you know anything about this book - Sanibel Captiva Handbook (The Sanibel Captiva Information Guide, 2010 Edition) (Plastic Comb)?

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanibel Book Update

No. Do you have it Fred?

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanibel Book Update

I have one of the older versions. I think it's a great alternative to the Neals book. It's not as comprehensive but lots of interesting facts and information.

Here is a link to the 2010 version. It is also listed on Amazon.

sanibelcaptivahandbook.com/site2/index.html

ohio
Level Contributor
501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanibel Book Update

I dont, but its on Amazon. What is that other book that has been recommended (I think its spiral bound and at the visitor center?)

Im planning for a couple of trips in Feb (with parents) and March (with family).

(edit) bean - I think you have confirmed its the book I was thinking about - sounds like its worth $13

Edited: 02 February 2010, 01:16
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanibel Book Update

That's a nice picture fred.

See what happens when it's 'Bachelor' night? I can't think straight.

The little yellow Sanibel Captiva Handbook is the 2009 version of the book Fred mentioned. And I have it, so please ignore my post from last night. It's a great book, probably even better if it has pictures. I like that it has a quick reference guide in the back, full of phone numbers.

10. Re: Sanibel Book Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island