We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmers Market

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Topic
Farmers Market

Where and when is the farmers market on Sanibel

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmers Market

googled it and came up with this.......According to organizers Jean Baer and Betsy Ventura, the Sanibel Island Farmers Market begins this Sunday, Nov. 1 at Tahitian Gardens, located at 1975 Periwinkle Way. The market will be held each Sunday - rain or shine - from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. throughout season, ending on April 25, 2010.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmers Market

It's been popular enough that a traffic officer is posted at the parking lot entrance to facilitate people coming and going. Lots of variety in venders, including seafood, prepared meals/foods, several bakeries, cheese shop, plants/flowers/fresh herbs, pet goodies, snacks, honey, soaps, as well as fruits and vegetables. Very, very fun!

Maryland
Level Contributor
407 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmers Market

As I said in another thread, if you are able to do the market, by all means, do so. I got my FRESH produce for the week, FRESH seafood and lots of other goodies. It's a must for me from now on.

Virginia
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmers Market

Good scoop. I'll just make it. Begin my vacation April 24. I've put it on my "must do" list.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmers Market

Best advice - go early! It gets really crowded - so to avoid traffic and for easy parking arrive at start time. I love the Farmers market!

Chicagi Il
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmers Market

We went yesterday, got there at 8:00 and there was plenty of parking. Half hour later, the lot was full. We came back with some wonderful fresh,local seafood fresh pasta, bread and produce. The atmosphere is fun and the variety is good. Definitely worth getting there early.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmers Market

Very upset now that I dont go until May :(

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmers Market

FYI ... This will be the last Sunday that the Farmer's Market will be at Tahitian Gardens. The following week will relocate to court house next to library on Dunlop Road. This will enable to accomodate for more parking.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Farmers Market

And by the court house, I DO mean City Hall to clarify. (Where I just came from, they were one and the same - lol.)

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Farmers Market

Thank you fitnesstwist - real time updates are great.

Please come back and join us!

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island