We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Hello Everyone :)

I'm traveling to Sanibel/Fort Myers for the first time with my fiance. We're looking for the nicest, cleanest, most contemporary hotel in the area? does that exist? Any advice would be great! THANK YOU!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

I don't know about Ft Myers, but on Sanibel it would be Casa Ybel.

Sanibel does not have a lot of hotels, mainly condos, motels, cottages and inns.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

For Fort Myers Beach I think the Pink Shell is probably the most contemporary. They have several buildings to choose from and the one overlooking the waterfall pool is the newest and nicest. (the name of that particular building escapes me right now)

Fort Myers Beach is different that the city of Fort Myers. I am not familiar with hotels in the city of Fort Myers.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa (now a Marriott) right before the Sanibel causeway.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Sanibel isn't really a luxury or contemporary hotel / resort area. The focus is more on the wildlife of the area and the shelling available at the beach. You might give us more of an idea of what kind of experience you are looking for. Upscale/shopping/huge high rises would be the Naples area, about an hour south of Sanibel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Thank you everyone for your advice!! :) It helps a lot!

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

Are you set on Sanibel/Ft Myers? If not, you may want to look into Naples.

7. Re: Luxury hotel in Sanibel/Fort Myers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island