We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting tale.......

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Inman, SC
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting tale.......

This was posted on the iloveshelling website. I thought it was interesting and that some of you shellers might enjoy it.

from Anne S…..

I have to tell you about a shelling synchronicity. Yesterday, as you know, we decided to check on those mid-gulf beaches — Tarpon and Algiers. We found a few little things at Tarpon, but mostly just little scallops and jewel boxes. As we were leaving, we passed a tall, attractive woman with long blond hair who had one crutch and was limping a bit. I noticed her because her hair kind of floats in the wind, and because how often do you see someone on the beach with a crutch? We chatted a tiny bit and she gave us a nearly-perfect sand dollar she’d just found. We drove on down the road to Algiers, where we found all those urchins — and there she was again! We said hi, remarked on how different two beaches just a mile apart could be, and went our separate ways. Later that day, my husband and I went for a walk by ourselves on “our” beach (we’re at the Blind Pass condos). We’d wandered way down the beach (heading away from Bowman’s). We were just walking and talking, not shelling — there were pretty much NO shells, just clear, calm water. Just as I remarked to Steve that the lack of marine life on this stretch of beach was kind of sad, a huge, perfect alphabet cone rolled up at my feet, out of nowhere. I let out a little shriek and pounced on it — and when I looked up, there was that same woman on her crutch again! I came home and told the kids and we’ve decided she’s the shell goddess of Sanibel who appears mysteriously to strangers, bringing gifts from the sea. Maybe you’ll see her next time you’re out! (If you do, tell her “thank you” from us.)

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting tale.......

Lovley story.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting tale.......

I read this on the blog and just loved it!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
478 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting tale.......

oh to be the shell goddess of Sanibel.! Wouldn't it be cool if she recognized herself on this forum?

Hagerstown,Md
Level Contributor
120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting tale.......

What a nice tale. I love to here those kinds of stories about Sanibel because I think it is the most magical I have ever been, keep me coming back.!!!

5. Re: Interesting tale.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 03:29