We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

We are looking at either Tarpon Beach condo or Sunset Beach resort Nov. 20-27. We would like beachfront view and nice pool. Would like view of beach from bedroom is possible. Does anyone have any opinions on these two places. We have checked Pointe santo but what we want is already rented. Would really like West Gulf Drive spot. Any ideas on something else beachfront with nice pool?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

If you want beachfront view, then go with Tarpon Beach. All of the condos have beach front views. The middle building is set further back, with the pool in front of it, the other two are slightly closer to the beach. Sunset would only have a few rooms that would be true beach front.

Pointe Santo has lots of condos with gulf views, are you having a hard time finding one that you like? They use a variety of rental agencies, and you can go through VRBO for a condo there.

Other places to look at on West Gulf are Villa Sanibel, Pine Cove, Sand Pointe, White Sands, and Sayana. Other options further down West Gulf and more remote would be Mitchell's Sandcastles/4015.

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

Thank you. I will do some more checking.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

Check with Royal Shell, Vip, Select Vacation rentals and VRBO. Tarpon Beach is really nice. If you go with them, get a corner unit if possible.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

Corner unti at TB would be one of my first choices also.

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

Many thanks to you guys. It looks like there may be several corner units available at Tarpon. We were supposed to come to Sanibel last November but had to cancel and now I feel like I can't wait that long!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

what's a unti? Unit, unit.....hee hee...

well, come twice!

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

I don't know what a unti is but if it's in Sanibel it must be wonderful!!! lol.

8. Re: Tarpon Beach or Sunset Beach resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island