We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to rent . . . Now or later

Great Falls, MT
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
When to rent . . . Now or later

I will be coming in mid Oct. and would like to know if I should rent a unit now (prefer West End between Ocean's reach and Sand Pointe)

or wait till much closer. If I wait, do rental agencies/owners tend to drop prices? Thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When to rent . . . Now or later

October is probably the least busiest month of the year. You will have a wide selection of places to stay, at the lowest rates. So if you want to wait to see if they drop, you won't have a problem finding a place to stay. I have noticed agencies and places offering deals at that time for sure.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to rent . . . Now or later

Yeah - i'd wait for sure. Unless you have a unit or condo you HAVE to have.

If you look at Ocean Reach's website - they are offering deals for last minute bookings.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to rent . . . Now or later

Sometimes October can be surprising busy. We have often booked up completely. I have found that the slowest time of year is the last week or two in August and September.

That said, if you are flexible about where to stay and are not concerned that it must be direct beachfront or ground-floor or penthouse, etc.. you will find deals if you wait.

As always, the "best" properties will book earlier so if you have preferences take that into consideration.

4. Re: When to rent . . . Now or later

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island