We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanibel questions

NH
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
sanibel questions

was just wondering if anyone could tell me what there is to do on Sanibel?? meaning shopping/nightlife...looks beautiful there, I have never been, but heard how lovely it is and how the shelling is great! going with 3 other girls for a 40th and am wondering if this would be somewhere we would be interested in (had another 40th last year, and went to Key West, loved the Pier House Resort and the cobblestone streets with all the shopping on Duval, but are looking to go somewhere different this year)..are there any hotels that are in a "downtown" area? could we walk to anything?? any info would be helpful! Thanx =)

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sanibel questions

Sanibel is not like Key West . It's a beautiful place. So is Captiva . There is not much nite life. Alot of people get around on bikes to go to the different shop areas. The good places to stay are along the beaches . the shops are not really near the beach. The shelling is great on Sanibel and Captiva . You can't see the sunsets on Sanibel , but you can on Captiva . There is not really a "downtown area ". Fort meyers beach would be a place to drive to for nite life, but still not like Key West . Go to bestofsanibelcaptiva.com . I spend about 4 week a year on captiva island with my daughter. It is a very relaxing place .

NH
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sanibel questions

thanx for the info! I am looking into Ft Myers Beach area, never been there either! thanx again=)

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanibel questions

halleh, Sanibel is very quiet and most of us like it that way. Ft. Meyers Beach on the other hand - only like a 20 minute drive - offers more night life.

bag
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sanibel questions

There is some nightlife on Sanibel - Elllington's has jazz every night, Jacaranda has entertainment every night in the bar, and

Doce Vita has a piana bar. That is just some of the nightlife.

It depends where you are staying if you could walk to restaurants. Shopping is wonderful! Periwinkle Way has many

unique shops, you will not be disappointed.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sanibel questions

I have viewed some of the most beautiful sunsets on the west end of sanibels beaches..i love the keys..but sanibel and captiva are much more laid back..ft myers beach is kinda honky tonk without the charming venues of shops the keys have..but the nightlife is active..Naples has great shopping

and may give you what you are looking for...for mindless relaxation i would choose sanibel