We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage Deposit in July

St. Louis
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Damage Deposit in July

I'm looking at condo rentals right now. I noticed that several condos require a $1000 damage deposit for the month of July only. Does anyone know what that is all about?

Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Damage Deposit in July

Kelsey, where did you see that? I looked at Royal Shell and didn't see anything like that, and I can't imagine that anyone would require a 1000.00 damage deposit, that is pretty steep.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Damage Deposit in July

I have never heard of it.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Damage Deposit in July

Agree with the above responses. The $1000 security deposit is probably a requirement specific for the individual condos/owners. Such a large deposit may apply to bookings for July, but is most probably not limited to that month. There is nothing about July that makes that month more prone to guest damages than other months, at least not that I am aware of.

I just passed this question by someone at Royal Shell who has also not previously heard of s security deposit limited to the month of July. Royal Shell charges a security deposit waiver fee, but does not require an actual security deposit. We use Royal Shell as our condo rental management company. For our guests we usually waive that small, additional fee. My recommendation is to find a condo that does not require such a security deposit. Hope this helps.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Damage Deposit in July

Thanks so much! Your answer really helps!

5. Re: Damage Deposit in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island