We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help!!! where to stay?

miami
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help!!! where to stay?

I am looking for a place, preferable cottages something very laid back.

1) must allow daily rentals as we can only go from Thursday to Sunday

2) Need three bedroom since it is going to be me, my wife, my two daughters and their husbands

3) looking for a beach that has the most clearest and calmest water possible

With my past experiences with Sanibel, some beaches tend to have brown murky water and some have turqouise clearer water. Can anyone tell my why? Is it location? or time of year? Looking at a satelite image it seems that the father south you go on island the darker the water gets. Is this correct?

How is the water at Gulfview Cottages does anyone have any experience?

How is the water at Mitchell's cottages? Some reviews say water is always rough. Is this just because of the time of year or its locations? Saw pictures water seems to have a nice color

Can anyone give me any other suggestions?

We usually stay in longboat key futher north where the water is always clear. However due to the short time we have, the daughters and their hubby's do not want to drive another hour since the stay will be short.

Any responses, feed back and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help!!! where to stay?

As far as water clarity, it all depends on weather both local and off-shore. Like shelling it can change from day to day and vary between parts of the island.

The only constant seems that the water is typically bluer as you get towards Captiva because the water gets deeper more rapidly as you go out from shore.

I would pick your accommodation based on availability and amenities rather than the water concerns. If you go to the search feature and search for daily rentals you will find a number of options.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help!!! where to stay?

I agree with MSC, there is no way of knowing what the water will be like when you are there.

Here is a link to places that offer daily rentals....http://www.sanibelsmallinns.com/

I think Mitchells would be good, I love their location, very peaceful and you have miles of beach to yourself.

You may have trouble getting a 3 bedroom for you all, may need to rent a couple of units.

St Louis
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help!!! where to stay?

This forum has a lot of good information for planning trip to Sanibel.

http://forum.bestofsanibelcaptiva.com/

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help!!! where to stay?

Sanibel Moorings has three bedrooms by the night but July is a time that can book up fast so they may be full. Casa Ybel has two levels in the two bedrooms which with a pull out creates a third bedroom in the living room. Two bedrooms upstairs and one down per say. Gulf Breeze Cottages has a three bedroom cottage for sure. Tropical Winds has a two bedroom cottage with a pull out that sleeps 10 because of the bedding. Hope that helps. All rent by the night.(Casa may have restrictions on the two bedroom rentals in terms of nights allowed.)

5. Re: Need help!!! where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 05:18