We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What replaced Biddles Bucket?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I remember reading something new was going in there but cannot recall what it was going to be...is there a new restaurant now?

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

True...we were on Sanibel the last 2 weeks of April, and there was nothing in the Biddles spot. However, there were construction workers working both inside and outside. The sign was gone. No one at that time seemed to know what was going in there....I am anxious to know too.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I have heard that the owners of Schnappers were taking over

that building as a different restaurant..... but nothing seems to be going on right now.???

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

We were on Sanibel in early June. The work continues on the building. There was still no sign indicating what it is going to be. For some reason, that corner can't seem to hold a tenant. I remember way back when it was the Coconut Grove.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I thought whatever it was was opening soon - early July. Maybe they were delayed, which would be to bad.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I wonder if there has been a slow down in business impacting the speed of this? But thank you all for info- making my list for must eats next visit...long term planning keeps me sane;-)

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

Any recent visitors (or locals) have updates of this?

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I'm driving out to Captiva on Friday to take OSHA safety training for oil spill beach cleanup. If no one has answered by then, I'll pull in there an peer in the windows to see what I can see!

Tink *~*~*

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

I just stopped by on my way to The Bean. There are signs in two windows, one on each side of the building, that say:

What Are George And Wendy Schnapp Doing???

Find Out Soon!!!

At Bailey's Corner

Intersection Of Periwinkle Way And Tarpon Bay Road

George And Wendy's

Tropical Grill

Where Sanibel Eats

In addition, there's a Building Permit on the front door, with boxes checked off for Rough Plumbing, Rough AC, Rough Electric, and Rough Framing. A look in the windows shows most of the old furniture has been stacked up and pushed out to the edges of the rooms, but no sign of recent work being performed. Of course, it was 7:00 in the morning when I looked, so it's possible nobody had showed up at the job site yet. Still, there are no building materials or tools inside; it looks deserted. I'm not a builder, but to me it seems as if the project is on hold, at least temporarily. If I get the chance, I'll ask about it at Schnapper's Hots in the next day or so...

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

Yea! Months ago we had heard that Schnauppers was going to put a restaurant/grill in there, but I didn't want to pass along rumors. The sign seems to confirm that however!

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What replaced Biddles Bucket?

Great snooping!!! We ate at Schnapper's Hots (or did take out) last trip and it was awesome so exciting...