We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help deciding where to stay

Eatontown, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
Need help deciding where to stay

I will be making my 6th visit to Sanibel in October along with my mother (4th trip). We like the east end of the island and would like to be in a gulf front location. On our last visit we stayed at Sanibel Moorings and loved it, but price is more of an issue on this trip. Here is where I'm at: Condo vs. Song of the Sea? If a condo, I've narrowed it down to Loggerhead Cay, Sanibel Arms and Sanibel Arms West. Any suggestions/advice is appreciated. Thank you.

The Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

I have to give Oceans Reach condominium a 2 thumbs up! Located next to Algiers Park, a quick 2 minutes ride to Jerry's food market for all provisions.

My family of 3 stayed there for a week the last week of June this year, and I was very pleased. Absolutely spotless condo, extremely welcoming owners on site,and the biggest and best treat of them all-the Gulf of Mexico is your backyard!! We stayed on the first floor and literally walked out of our lanai to the beach in 25 steps or so.

A family of 5 or so ibis makes this beach their home.

Wonderful shelling.

Absolute ease,total comfort

Our first stay there, could not have been more satisfied.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

The price difference staying in a condo vs. Song of the Sea (which is lovely and more geared towards adults) would include whether you like to cook in while on vacation- the constant eating out can really add up!

As you expressed a preference for the East End I would add Sanibel Inn to the list.. They have one and two bedroom condos and the amenities of an on-site pool bar that serves light lunch.

Unless you get a gulf front unit at either Sanibel Arms you won't get much of a gulf view while Loggerhead- popular with families- has many more units with a view. I'd probably choose it over the "Arms" but that's personal preference.

Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

We've stayed at Sanibel Arms and liked it. And the management was so responsive. But the one bedroom units don't have a screened in porch which I think is neccesity with the no-seeums. So I would say get a 2 bedroom unit at Sanibel Arms or check out Sanibel Arms West where all units have screened porches.

I like that end of the island too. The beach is great and not too crowded.

4. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 14:59
England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

Wish I was going too!

I would agree with the suggestion of OR by thefavoritecat as we have stayed there several times and not been dissappointed,though there is a complex on the East end I have thought about trying.

It gets very few mentions on here but Sandalfoot looks like a very nice complex though I don't know how this would fit with your budget. They have August specials at the moment,maybe they will have some in October?

Hope you find something suitable.

Sandalfoot website www.sandalfootcondo.com

6. Re: Need help deciding where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island