We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner?

My husband and I will be spending an overnite at the Song of the Sea this October to celebrate our 39th anniversary. We'd like to have dinner at a relaxed and cozy spot with good food. Can you see the sunset at any of the nicer restaurants ( or in Captiva ) or at a spot nearby? Any suggestions for a nice romantic restaurant with good food either in Sanibel or Captiva? Would the Sea Star restaurant next door to the Song of the Sea be nice for an anniversary dinner? Any tips for somewhere later in the evening for casual music or piano bar? Thanks for your help.

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

Mad Hatter on Captiva has been recommended for a special occasion. It is pricey, but a small intimate setting I hear and good food. Make reservations for a window seat to watch the sunset.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

We love the Mad Hatter and that would be my suggestion. Make reservations because it is popular with locals and tourist.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

Thistle Lodge (Beachfront dining in historic 19th century mansion, located within CasaYbel Resort on West Gulf Drive offers the prettiest restaurant on the Island with the most ambiance. Very $$$ and the menu is upscale and chef-fy. I love it but you may want to read some reviews on it and see what others have to say. Perfect for a special occasion. Great Sunsets.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

If neither of the above suit (both are good choices) also consider Sunset Grill in Santiva. Not beachfront but across from the beach. We time it to watch sunset and then go across the street to have a very nice dinner.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

Green Flash, used to be Timmys Nook=GR8 view/may see the green flash?

6. Re: Anniversary Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 06:38