We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving tonight

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving tonight

Leaving tonight for our first time to Sanibel. I enjoyed reading your reports here. We travel al over the Caribbean and have been to many islands. I've decided to start exploring areas in our own back yard and Im starting with SI.

I like to fly fish and my wife likes to relax and read and shop of course. We arent into the excursions. We've done many and realized we enjoy exploring on our own a lot more fun. Seems once we hit the mid 40;s we started really learning how to relax. Explore, EAT, hang on the beach and hang by the pool.

Staying at the song of the sea. We picked this because of the relaxed atmosphere. We are both nature lovers and enjoy the outdoors so I think we'll find SI appealing.

Ill post a report upon return along with a snook report, hopefully on a fly rod.

Peace.

Inman, SC
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving tonight

Have a great visit ! As one of those who is ticking off the days on the calendar until our next "launch date" for Sanibel , I'm looking forward to your report to " tide" me over . Please pardon the pun.......I should have "waived" it :- )

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving tonight

Thx the both of you. And I love puns, sometimes just fun.

I love to travel to new areas especially one that is full of natural beauty. Sometimes I find myself trying to get too much info. Don't get me wrong, I think its good to plan, lodging,,etc...

But towels, stores, where to eat... heck,, just wait and find out for myself, isnt that 1/2 the fun. But this is comming from a guy who gets in the car and tries to get lost in the back country of PA. I know, sick hobby.

I'll send an update asap amd be rest assured your time to depart will be here too fast, so enjoy.

Peace!

B.

Edited: 28 September 2010, 14:20
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving tonight

Have a wonderful time! My husband and I stayed at Song of the Sea a few years back and loved it. It was a very quiet and romantic spot. Look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving tonight

Just a reminder of the extended restrictions on snook fishing, catch and release only:

news-press.com/article/20100903/GREEN/903037…

Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving tonight

Have a blast !!! Can't wait to hear your trip report.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving tonight

Looking forward to your trip report!..I too have been lost in the back country of PA .

Virginia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving tonight

rpm. Not trying to plan your vaca but since you and the wife are nature lovers you may be interested in exploring the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge and stopping by Jensen's Marina to see the manatees that hang out there. Looking forward to your trip report! Enjoy!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving tonight

Ding Darling Days - October 17, 2010 - October 23, 2010

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving tonight

Hello good people,,

I am putting together a trip report and am happy to report there was not one thing in the negative. We absolutely love this place and We have been to Mexico, Nevis, St Kitts, Antigua, DR, Curacao and so on.......

Real magical gem here. Amazes me how some people just dont get it, they really don't. anyhow....

Everything is open, no crowds yet and weather was wonderful. We took so many pictures as this place brings out the creative juices.

I'll post an activity report shortly.

Peace!

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving tonight

Can't wait to read your trip report! Your note brought a smile to me! I love when people see the magic of Sanibel. It isn't a place for everyone, but isn't it great there is a place like this that has been protected from crazy development. Welcome to the club.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island