We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

Came across this and thought others here might find this interesting. We don't seem to have the same level of trouble on our forum, but I thought it was interesting. Let's hope it doesn't cause TA to lose those valuable reviews! …msn.com/id/39799954/ns/travel-travel_tips/

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,923 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

Its unfortunate that many people abuse TA. It is a great site and has helped me greatly in planning vacations. I hate to see fake posts, especially those that are self promoting or giving bad reviews on purpose. I usually only read reviews that are by a seasoned TA poster. I look at that persons other posts too. I like to make sure they don't give bad reviews to every place they stay. I really don't trust someone who has submitted a bad review but has no trip report to go with it. Even if you had a bad hotel you still had other experiences while there. It can't all be bad. Thanks for the article shell, it was interesting.

Maryland
Level Contributor
407 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

I think the key to utilizing TA to the best is, as was stated in the article, to look at the pattern of reviews. Discard the "over-the-top" and the "under-the-bottom" and see what remains. Also, again from the article, pay attention to the posters number of reviews and/or posts. A one-trick-pony is fairly easy to spot if one knows how to look.

I, for one, have found TA to be an extremely valuable resource for trip planning, in addition to virtually "meeting" many folks whom I most likely would not have encountered.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

There is so much valuable information on TA that you won't find anywhere else. Any question can be answered and folks are happy to help. Positives outweigh the negatives by far. I agree with the comments above-false posts are pretty easy to spot. Negative reviews can cause damage but our regular posters call them on it.

5. Re: TA Faces Legal Action? Read the whole story.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island