We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

161 days and counting!

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
161 days and counting!

We finally made a rezzie for April 30! My husband does not want to be on island during Easter (it is very late this year), so, our annual Sanibel trip is pushed back. We also changed our usual spot from Signal Inn to Lighthouse Point. My hubby so nicely invited all 4 of our grown children with significant others to join us for their vaca. We needed a nice spot, but one that would not break the bank. We will be staying in #323. It looks very nice and the price was right. We also considered Blind Pass, but it is too far out of the way. Maybe next time. The countdown has started. Finally

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 161 days and counting!

Lucky ducks!

BTW your husband sounds like a very sensible and generous person.

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 161 days and counting!

Hurray! Don't know if you remember, but we were there last year at the same time. We're limited to school vacation weeks. Unfortunately, the airfares for mid-April are ridiculous, so we'll probably have to cancel this year. Glad you're going back!

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 161 days and counting!

ZB, I think that I do remember your vaca last year. It is hard to find info on this complex. I must admit, it has never appealed to me in the past. My neighbors started staying there about 2 years ago after trying many differend complexes. they stay for about a month and love it there. The unit that we are staying is directly on the bay...now I know that it is not the gulf. Shelling will be different, but I think I will enjoy the views and an easy walk around the lighthouse area. Sometimes change is good. The unit we are renting looks gorgeous and I am sure if all the kids (all in the 20s) show up, we will have a grand time.

ZB...refresh my memory, what time of year were you there? and, were you able to see a sunset from there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 161 days and counting!

Hi WDS. I was there last April 17-24, we stayed at Sayana and it was wonderful. We could see the sunset from the beach, and we also went to Blind Pass a few nights. I loved the location. We have the same condo booked, but I unfortunately think we need to pass this year. Airfair from Boston to RSW is $547 each way (times 3). Didn't realize Easter affected fairs so much, also spring break for much of the northeast.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 161 days and counting!

ZB - airfares are usually high around Easter, but did you try flying into an alternative airport, such as Tampa ( TPA) or Orlando or Ft Lauderdale ( FLL )? Also, try playing with the dates a bit, leaving a day earlier or later on either end could be a big money saver. I know you have school dates to worry about, but one day isn't a huge deal to take off, if you save a ton.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 161 days and counting!

I found flights for 276, with a stop in Newark, Easter week.

www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…

Or try this one:

www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…

Edited: 21 November 2010, 23:49
Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 161 days and counting!

Sunny, thank you!!!!! If I find a junonia, I'll give you half!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 161 days and counting!

ZBMom:

Also check out fares on DirectAir www.flydirectair.com

They fly out of Worcester, MA to Punta Gorda, FL. Just for "fun" I checked round trip SATURDAY airfares for March, 2011 and they were $182 with taxes each way = $364 approx. round trip.

I flew with them in 2009. The equipment is a bit older, but the flights went smoothly and Punta Gorda is only about 20 miles North of Sanibel area. I would not hesitate to fly with them again. Only drawback was that their flight times can be VERY early, e.g. 7AM!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 161 days and counting!

Woops! Make that www.visitdirectair.com

Checked rates for April 2 - April 9 and they were even lower than I said in my first note. $129 each way plus tax.

Love Sayana. My son and his wife owned a unit there until 2008. They sold it to buy a farm!!! Oh, well...midwestern farm and forest land can be beautiful and relaxing, even if it's not Sanibel!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 161 days and counting!

ZB - I hope you can find a reasonable flight...