We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

Westfield...
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

We just returned ftrom our 1st vacation on Sanibel Island and enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed at Sanibel Arms in an ocean front unit (Bldg. G) and the unit was spotless and had a great view. After shelling Eleuthera & Cat Island for 10 years it was a completely different experience. We were fortunate enough to be there for the full moon and low tide shelling.(flashlights) We ate at Doc Ford's twice and it was outstanding,especially the calamari and the Kaliks. If you did eat outdoors the mosquitoes were as big as some of the appetizers. We finally moved indoors. Rented a car from Sensible Car rentals which worked out perfect with them picking us up at the airport. Right now we're planning a return trip to Sanibel next Thanksgiving. Thanks to you all who provided us with info which made everything go a lot smoother.

Inman, SC
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

Glad you enjoyed your first visit to the island. I was there with my family the same time you were . We stayed at a condo on West Gulf Drive. The noseeums were only bad for us 2 days (in the evenings). I had lots of bites, but did not react as badly as in the past. The first couple of days we were there, I had used my Cactus Juice as a precautionary measure and then thought I had lost it on the beach somewhere. When we were packing to go back home, I found it stuffed down in one of my tennis shoes :- ) At least I'll have it for next time. Now that you've been to Sanibel, you may find you cannot hold out until next Thanksgiving, you just might have to come back sooner.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

Thank you, so glad you loved Sanibel. If you have time, give your restaurants and condo a review - i'm sure they will appreciate it.

I absolutely love Thanksgiving on Sanibel, we usually head down, but couldn't due to family matters. We're hoping we will make it next year!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

Thanks for the trip report. Gives me a little bit of sunshine on a cold winter day.

4. Re: Trip Report 11/20-11/27 for 1st timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island